cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Driver Link -- Cannot download driver - MG8120

ag3
Apprentice

I can't download the driver for the pixma 8120 b/c the links to the drivers are dead.

Here is the download link: download http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0100002947/03/xp68-win-mg8100-5_56-ejs.exe

Here is the product support page: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

How do I notify someone about this?  Phone support has apparently expired.  Can't find a website support number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the information. We tested the driver downloads and they came through just fine. Keep in mind that each driver link initiates a download for an executable file rather than taking you to a separate web page. You'll want to make sure your browser and computer are set up to allow a download like this to happen and that it isn't being blocked by a pop-up blocker, anti-virus program, or firewall. You could also try a different browser if your computer has one.

We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, ag3!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of Windows you're using.

We look forward to your reply!

Windows 10 x64

Thanks for the information. We tested the driver downloads and they came through just fine. Keep in mind that each driver link initiates a download for an executable file rather than taking you to a separate web page. You'll want to make sure your browser and computer are set up to allow a download like this to happen and that it isn't being blocked by a pop-up blocker, anti-virus program, or firewall. You could also try a different browser if your computer has one.

We hope this helps!

Thanks for the help - I found the problem. I am running a VPN connection and apparently the URL for the driver isn't working with my VPN turned on. Canon's website is fine.... it is just the driver url for some reason.  Thanks again!

Announcements