cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D1370 Remote UI Address Book Setup

monza
Contributor

I have a D1370 image class MFP on a network and several PCs running win7 x86 and x64.

I would like to know how to setup/enter address book entries using the Remote UI for both "e-mail" and "File (SMB)".

The purpose is to scan a document at the machine and direct that scan to a specific computer on the network or direct the scan to a specific email. I would also like to forward incoming fax'es to a specific computer on the network without printing them at the D1370. Is this possible?

I have read the manual Chapter 5 'Registering Destinations in the Address Book' but it does not detail the process for e-mail or File (SMB) setup in the address book. I have also looked at the e-manual and can also not find any helpful information of the setup procedure.

After entering Remote UI and choosing "File (SMB)" in the Destination Type to Register and <OK>, the following entries are required:

Name:

Host Name:

Folder Path:

User Name:

Set Password:

I assume the "Name" and "Host Name" can be anything? For the folder I enter the path on the comupter, for example: <\\everett\fax>. The computer name on the network is "everett" and the directory on the hardrive is "fax". The user name and password is the win7 user selected at login. But, I have also tried the Host Name as \\everett and Folder Path as \fax and many many other attempts without any luck.

After entering Remote UI and choosing "E Mail" in the Destination Type to Register and <OK>, the following entries are required:

Name:

Email Address:

Again, I assume the "Name" can be anything and have entered several differnt email addresses.

I am not able to get any of Address Entries to function using the SCAN function on the D1370 machine or by turning on fax forwarding and selecting a Adrress Entry that is a File(SMB) or a email. Everytime I scan a document or receive a fax I get an error.

Help.........................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Monza!

So that I may better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Is the folder that you are setting up on the "C:\\" drive?
  2. Also, have you turned on sharing options in the network settings of the Windows 7 computers?

There is a "Send Guide" manual available in the download with the Send Settings Tool.  To download the tool and access the guide, please click the link below:

imageCLASS D1370 -  Drivers and Software

After clicking the link, select "Software" and then click [Windows] MF5950dw/MF5960dn/D1320/D1350/D1370 Send Function Setting Tool V.1.0.1.

Next, select "I Agree - Begin Download".  Once the file is downloaded and installed, open the "sendguide_eng" file and the guile will be displayed.

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

monza
Contributor

bump...

can anyone help wth this?

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Monza!

So that I may better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Is the folder that you are setting up on the "C:\\" drive?
  2. Also, have you turned on sharing options in the network settings of the Windows 7 computers?

There is a "Send Guide" manual available in the download with the Send Settings Tool.  To download the tool and access the guide, please click the link below:

imageCLASS D1370 -  Drivers and Software

After clicking the link, select "Software" and then click [Windows] MF5950dw/MF5960dn/D1320/D1350/D1370 Send Function Setting Tool V.1.0.1.

Next, select "I Agree - Begin Download".  Once the file is downloaded and installed, open the "sendguide_eng" file and the guile will be displayed.

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.

I downloaded and read the referenced document and was able to figure it out.

Announcements