cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a usb 2.0 printer pixma mg 7120 to a usb3.0 computer

robinleigh
Apprentice

HELP!!

I just got a HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 and I can not get my printer to work on it.. I keep recieving errors about usb2.0 device is not going to work with  a usb 3.0 laptop.. any advice or did i just waste money on brand new ink

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi robinleigh,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the PIXMA MG7120 should resolve this issue.  To do this, please disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA MG7120 and follow these steps:

1.  Put the PIXMA MG7120's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it.

2.  Click on Start and then All Apps.

3.  Click on Windows System.

4.  Click on RUN.

5.  Click Browse.  In the Browse window, click "This PC". 

6.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

7.  Double click the folder named WIN.

8.  Double click the folder named Driver.

9.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

10.  Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 10, please double click DELDRV64.

11.  In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall your PIXMA MG7120.

12.  Once your PIXMA MG7120 has been uninstalled, restart the computer.

When the computer restarts, we will install your PIXMA MG7120 again:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MG7120 in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click "GO".

3.  Under Recommended Downloads, please click the "Select" button next to the MG7100 series Full Driver & Software Package.

4.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

8.  Double click [win-mg7100-1_1-ucd.exe].  Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same issue with my PIXMA ix6520 printer.  I do not have the CDROM.  What can I do?  It was workig, but I started receiving this message today.  Why all of a sudden? 

Hi fserranohall,

Everything that comes on the installation CD, is also available for download from the Canon website.

1. Disconnect the USB cable.
  2. Click HERE.
  3. Scroll down to "Recommended."
  4. Click “Select” next to "iX6500 series Printer Driver."
  5. Press "Download."
  6. Open and run the file.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

The installation program will prompt you when to reconnect the USB cable.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements