cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible Printers with CLI-251XL and PGI-250XL Cartridges

frjeff
Apprentice

My MG7520 has died.

What current printers utilize the above ink cartridges. I hate to waste the 20 I have on hand.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Nicolemulll
Apprentice
Nope

sonofagun
Apprentice

We are looking to buy a new Canon printer (our MG7520 has died) and have on hand a number of new CLI-251XL and PGI-250XL ink cartridges, which we would prefer not to waste.  What printers in Canon's current line-up use CLI-251XL and PGI-250XL ink cartridges?   We would prefer to stick with Canon but may have to look further afield if I we have to start over again. 

Hi sonofagun,

None of the currently available printers use the PGI-250 / CLI-251 ink tanks.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out-of-warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same issue right now.  My 7520 just started having an error code 1410.  I have replaced the ink cartridge (yes with a Canon cartridge) and have taken out and cleaned the ink head...).  I have ink that I want to use, but have not found a compatible printer.  Would replace the ink head, if I knew that that would solve the problem...(but they cost about the same as I paid for the printer a few years back....)

Any solutions??

Hi venuscowgirl,

If you have tried multiple Canon ink tanks and your PIXMA MG7520 still shows the 1410 error, your PIXMA MG7520 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SaraWilliams
Apprentice
You probably already found a solution but if it were me I would take the chip off of the ink cartridges that came with the printer and put them on your 251 cartridges. You'll have to do this every time you switch them out so I'm curious if it will work. Fyi, I'm also in the same situation after buying two print heads that did not work.

Laurihillman
Apprentice

My Canon printer that used the ink jet 250 and 251 no longer works. But I have a lot of ink left

Announcements