cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible Printers with CLI-251XL and PGI-250XL Cartridges

frjeff
Apprentice

My MG7520 has died.

What current printers utilize the above ink cartridges. I hate to waste the 20 I have on hand.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi frjeff,

The following printers use the PGI-250 and CLI-251 ink tanks:

PIXMA MG5220
PIXMA MG5420
PIXMA MG5520
PIXMA MG5620
PIXMA MG6320
PIXMA MG6420
PIXMA MG6620
PIXMA MG7120
PIXMA MG7520

PIXMA MX922

PIXMA iP7220
PIXMA iP8720

PIXMA iX6820

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Good answer, but .... if I want to do the same and buy another Canon printer, I'd prefer to get the latest model of the above listed printers. However I can't find a list online anywhere that puts a chronological listing of when the printers were made. Can you help me find the NEWEST of the above?

Thanks in advance for your help!

LS

Hi

Did you ever get an answer? I suspect you are in the same position - your printer died but you have WAY too much ink and you'd like to replace with a newer model that uses same ink?  Did you find a solution? Thanks 

are these the current list of canon printers compatible with  CLI-251XL and PGI-250XL Cartridges?

calischmidts
Apprentice
Sally, no! (and yeah, you guessed my situation perfectly!)

RJW
Apprentice

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I was told the TR8520 could use XL 251 ink. However, it calls for 281. The cartridges fit, but the printer doesn't recognize them. If there is a way to still get it to print, even though it can't detect the ink levels, I'd like to know. It doesn't seem to work for me.

Did you ever get a solution to this?

I have the same issue

Printer is a 7520

Previously had 281 cartridges

Tried to install brand new 251 cartridges

Keep getting the 1660 error message.

Have tried several times to remove and install again

HELP!!!!

Hi tkwasny,

The PIXMA MG7520 is only comptible with the following ink tanks:

CLI-251BK
CLI-251GY
CLI-251Y
PGI-250PGBK
CLI-251C
CLI-251M

The CLI-281 ink tanks are not compatible.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nicolemulll
Apprentice
Ended up scrapping everything and starting again. I suspect this is done on purpose to make Canon more money.
Announcements