cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Management

KarlKrueger
Enthusiast

I have a MX922 printer which prints nice photos but when you compare them with my calibrated monitor the colors are a bit off. Green in particular has some yellow in it making it brownish. Is there any way do color correction with this printer, like using an ICC profile, or is that limited to better printers like thePixma Pro series?

14 REPLIES 14

Welcome to the forum 2patbounce. 

Not necessary to SHOUT. 

We need some additional information to assist you. 

1. I am assuming you have an MX922 printer?

2. What operating system are you using?

3. If you start a new printing job does it start off dark if the previous one displayed the fading behavior?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I TOO AM HAVINGTROUBLE WITH MY PIXMA MX922 - IN PARTICULAR WHEN PRINTING THE DARK BLUE COLOR. AFOUT 2/3 OF THE WAY THROUGH A LONG PRINTER JOB, THE COLOR STARTING TO FADE FROM DARK TO LIGHT ON EACH SLIDE, THEN TO COMPLETELY LIGHT, MORE LIKE AN AQUA COLOR. I CHANGED ALL THE CARTRIDGES, DID CLEANING, DEEP CLEANING, ETC. WHAT IS THE LIKELIEST CULPRIT? I AM DESPARATE FOR A SOLUTION ASAP!

Charmes
Apprentice

I know your post is two years old but I saw it and just solved the issue myself. If you still need the information regarding the MX922 and color management, here it is.

Find and download whatever ICC profile you need for the paper you'll be using (if not Canon). The profile and instructions are available on any third party website based on your printer. For example, I'm using Moab Slickrock Metallic Pearl 260. I downloaded the profile for that paper and followed the instructions for installation on my Mac. Location is: MacHD-library-colorsync-profiles.

When I set up the print job, I go to the printer setting "Color Matching" and click the Color Sync option. It opens a search and I  scroll down to "other profiles," find my paper's ICC and click on it. It should appear in the Profile box. 

Hope this helps.

2patbounce
Apprentice
Sorry. Caps lock was on and it was late and I was upset.

Anyway, I have an Mx 922 running on a MacBook Pro. Based on your post showing colors in a drop down bix I went looking around! Found it in “Layout” “Color Options.” Turns out the YELLOW was off. Got the color I wanted and set it as a new pre-set. Back in business!
I’m not sure how the color balance got messed with. I’ve printed with the defaults for at least a year with no issues. But now I feel in good control of my outcomes. I’ve learned something new as well.
Thanks for your useful post! Again, for me CAPS ARE NOT ALWAYS SHOUTS!!!! Sometimes they are just laziness.

Glad it worked out.

This is from the forum guidelines:

"Do not post comments in ALL-CAPS. Canon reserves the right to remove or request changes to these comments."

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements