cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 5,157,69 - MG5520

LauraKosmos
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG5520 printer.  The printer works, the copier works, but when I try to scan, I get a Code 5,157,69.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but nothing seems to work.  So my guess is that there is a setting which somehow got changed.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shanafab
Apprentice

I was getting the same error and tried un-install / re-install, which didn't work.  Then I turned of my work VPN to see if that was the issue and it was.  As soon as I disconnected the VPN it worked again, so the first couple of times I used the scanner I must not have been on my company's VPN.  Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

EdwardPYen
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX742 and it keeps saying that 

*Cannon communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off (I don't even know how to turn it off)

- If using Wired LAN conection, it is disconnected from Wired LAN (I don't use wired)

- If using wireless LAN connection, Signal strengh is poor due to obstructions (my printer is really close to the router)

- Network connection is prohibited by security software 

- Different scanner on the network is selected (from what i can tell there is only one)

Any help would be appreciated 

Hi EdwardPYen,

Many scanner issues can be resolved by re-installing the drivers, and the most current drivers are available at the Canon website HERE.  If you need specific instructions for installing the driver, please reply with which version of Windows or Macintosh you are using.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Fariz
Apprentice

Hi, I'm getting the same problem. I tried everything proposed in the forum but IJ scan still cannot detect the scanner. Other scanning software works just fine.

I am using Canon E460 and it has been working fine before. I recently updated my PC to Widows 10. I have downloaded all the necessary drivers for the printer but now I cant scan from the Canon Quick Menu. I keep getting the Code 5, 157, 69 message. What is wrong? Can anyone help please? 

Not solved for me. I am using Canon G7040

Annieba
Apprentice

Hi 

I have an MX726 and have the same code.  I have tried contacting the Cannon Support online but the MX726 model is not there.  I am in Australia, so was the model number different here?!

Like many others, I was able to scan and then suddenly the ability was lost.  It has always been tempermental scanning from the printer so I generally use the IJ Utility.

It is printing but the quality of the print is terrible - it looks shaky and is very hard to read.

Any suggestions?

lilangelbear51
Apprentice

I am getting the same message codes for my Canon TS3122.  If I can't use my wireless computer with this printer I want my money back.  So please any help is greatly appreciated!  I am using Windows 10.  This just started today.  I was able to scan 2 or 3 days ago but today it won't let me

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties with this error after reviewing the pages in this thread, please contact our our phone support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I removed the printer & reinstalled it which corrected the problem

Ptskywalker
Apprentice

I just started having the same problem.  I have a TS8220 on a wireless network and am running Windows 10 on a desktop computer.  The printer works fine, the copier works fine but the scanner quit working through the IJ Canon utility.

It does however work fine when I use Microsoft Paint.   I have downloaded and reinstalled all the drivers and applications but to no avail.  I am not running Windows Defender so it wasn't an issue with the folder permisssions.

This is very frustrating as I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but to no avail.

Announcements