cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code:2,140,3 ... Not scanning.

lgjorgensen
Contributor

I'm getting Code:2,140,3 and am not able to scan.  "Printer is in use or an error has occurred.  Check status.  Scanner driver will be closed."  What do I do and how do i do it?  

4 REPLIES 4

lgjorgensen
Contributor

My printer is a Pixma TS6220.

"I'm getting Code:2,140,3 and am not able to scan.  "Printer is in use or an error has occurred.  Check status.  Scanner driver will be closed."  What do I do and how do i do it?"

Hi lgjorgensen,

On the display of your PIXMA TS6220, does an error appear?

What version of Windows are you using?  If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PIXMA TS6220 wirelessly?      or with a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, different person, same issue.

TS5120 display says set PC to start scanning (1st time using scanner)

Canon IJ Utility says Printer in use or an error has occured Code 2,140,3

No documents in que, Windows 10 home, Using wirelessly (laptop)

I will check what cables are needed & if I have them,

Hi uzihc69,

Please turn your PIXMA TS5120 off.  Once off, please reboot your computer.  When your computer is back on, please turn your PIXMA TS5120 back on.

When the Home screen of your PIXMA TS5120 appears, please open the IJ Scan Utility on your computer and attempt to scan.

If the error persists, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements