cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarePAK Plus extended warranty program

PHL1365
Contributor

The CarePAK plus info page says that it covers normal wear and tear.

What constitutes "Normal wear and tear"?

Does it cover printer failures like Error Code 5B00, which seems to be the most common cause of early death.

The G7020 I just bought has a maximum duty cycle rating of 5000 pages/month. Is anything less than this considered "normal"?

My anticipated usage is 1000-1200 pages/month on average.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi PHL1365,

This issue would be covered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PHL1365
Contributor

*Bump*

Still looking for an answer.

Hi PHL1365,

This issue would be covered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I appreciate this clarification, as I too had this question.

I recently purchased the Canon Pixma G7020 MegaTank, the same printer as the OP. However, upon revisiting the Canon website a week or so later with the intent to purchase a CarePAK protection plan, it appears that the 2 and 4-year protection plans are no longer available. All I see is an option for "No Plan".

This was not the case just a week ago when I purchased the printer, and had I known the protection plans would be discontinued for the G7020 I would not have purchased it. I see that the plans ARE still available for the other MegaTank models, including the G6020.

Is the lack of any available CarePAK plan selection on the website merely a glitch, or are they in fact no longer offered for the G7020?

Looks  like it is still there, but only the 2 and 4 yr options.

Go to this link:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/service-plans

Enter G7020 in the search field and it comes up with the options.

Alternatively, you could just call on the phone and they could probably get you hooked up.

Finally, you can purchase through bhphoto.com or maybe some other retailer.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1536258-REG/canon_6463b201aa_4_year_carepak_plus_warranty.htm...

Announcements