cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan Lide 100 Software not responding

Naaier
Apprentice

Hello

I've been using this scanner for a longer time without any problem, but now I have a problem. MP Navigator software is freezing when I'm trying to scan, especially when I try to scan into "multi-page" PDF, the first page is scanned properly, but when I click to continue with another page, it suddenly freezes and nothing happenes, but scanner doesn't respond anymore, until I reboot the computer, then the same situation happens again. I tried to reinstall scanner drivers and MP navigator many times, I even tried version from included cd-rom and version from canon support website. I also tried to use third-party software Vuescan, but it wasn't working properly, but I'm not sure if that was for the same reason or not.

Thanks for any response

1 REPLY 1

StuLambert
Apprentice

Hi,

I have this same issue with 32 bit windows 7.

The scanner appears to 'freeze' in its 'non parked' position after the first scan and becomes unresponsive.

I have ended up scanning in GIMP (open source photoshop) and it has given me some pointers. Firstly it gives me a choice of driver - (see below)

The WIA driver works fine and I can do multiple scans – it proves the scanner works (but using GIMP to scan isn’t a viable solution)

The ‘other’ driver causes the issue and from what I can tell this is the twain derived driver.

Interestingly – if you look at the bottom of the below image there is a progress bar in GIMP that says “Transferring data from scanner/camera”

It’s frozen in that position and never completes and cannot be cancelled (tying up with the scanner being stuck in its non parked position).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

canonscan lide 100 error

Announcements