cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan 88ooF error report, "Cannot communicate with scanner."

ward1941uk
Apprentice

When I try and use my scanner I get the error report,"Cannot communicate with scanner, check that it is plugged in and truned on." When I go to Windows device manager I can see it and when I click on the properties buttonn it says that the device is working properly. I have downloaded the latest driver software etc., and I have uninstalled everything and re installed again but I still get the same error report.

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit version.

Screenshot 2014-11-23 15.06.png

Above is the error message I get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ward1941uk
Apprentice

After two days of fruitless effort I have found my own solution. I have downloaded and installed VueScan  x64 and it works a treat. I think the problem I have been having is due to the fact that the scanner driver is 64 bit and the programs that install are 32 bit and although scanner driver is working perfectly well the 2 bit probrams can't see it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ward1941uk
Apprentice

After two days of fruitless effort I have found my own solution. I have downloaded and installed VueScan  x64 and it works a treat. I think the problem I have been having is due to the fact that the scanner driver is 64 bit and the programs that install are 32 bit and although scanner driver is working perfectly well the 2 bit probrams can't see it.

Announcements