cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanonScan LiDE 110 Scanner problem

BobMcFarland
Apprentice

I have just recently purchased a new CanoScan LiDE 110 scanner. I am  using it with my new iMac computer (2013 model, 10.9 Mavericks O.S. I like to use the sleep mode on my iMac. When I awaken my computer from the sleep mode,  the scanner is reluctant to reconnect and work. In order to use the scanner I  have to reboot my computer to get power to the scanner. Is this a common problem with this scanner? How do I solve it. Once powered the scanner works beautifully. Having to reboot every time I use the scanner is very bothersome.  On my old iMac (2007 model) I had an older canon scanner.  It worked just fine coming out of the sleep mode. Always turned on the way it should.

Hopefully, someone has some insight into this situation.

Bob Mc Farland

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try turning the scanner off or unplug it. When you want to use it just turn it back on.

An, yes, I believe it is a issue with 10.9 Mavericks O.S..

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi,

i'm user of CanonScan LiDE 110. But unfortunately my scanner suddenly stop working. i try to re-install for many time but then when i try to open back, i got this prompt.

message error-canon.png

I already checked the listed point and follow the instructions. But still not working.

fyi, i'm using window 7 OS 64bit.

Thanks in advanced.

First...try a re-install.  Make sure you fully delete or remove the old driver before you install it again.  Make sure you have the latest software from the Canon website.  Let us know if it is working after.  Smiley Happy

EB

Thank you for your support.

I already re-installed the software but it's still have the same problem. I got the software from canon website.

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/P/search?model=CanoScan+LiDE+110&menu=download&filter=0&tagname=g...

Is that the latest software?

fyi, i try this software in my laptop with window 7 starter and it's work..Does my pc have problem?

You did do this?   " Make sure you fully delete or remove the old driver..."   

Obiviously if the scanner works on the laptop and not the PC, the PC has a problem!  

EB

many thanks for suggestion.
the scanner successfully works after i reset my computer..
thanks.
Announcements