cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma mg3022. Automatically save as pdf to a file after scanning?

Shore2Shore
Apprentice

I have a canon pixma mg3022. How do i get it to automatically save as pdf to a file after scanning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shore2Shore,

To scan a document and save it as a PDF, the IJ Scan Utility can be used.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Start menu select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and the click on IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

2.  Click the Settings... button at the bottom.

3.  Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.

4.  Next to Data Format, choose PDF (Multiple Pages).

5.  Place a checkmark next to Check scan results and specify save settings.

6.  Click OK.

7.  Back in the IJ Scan Utilty, click the Document button.

The document will be scanned.   Once scanning is complete, the Save window will appear.

You can rotate pages, rearrange pages, specify a save location and the name to save the PDF as using this window.

For more information, please use the following link to the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MG3022:

http://Canon.us/66ju

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Im using windows7 but will be upgrading to windows10 soon.

So basically i just want to scan something and i want it to automatically save as a pdf in a assigned folder of my choosing instead of a jpeg. 

Hi Shore2Shore,

To scan a document and save it as a PDF, the IJ Scan Utility can be used.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Start menu select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and the click on IJ Scan Utility to open that program.

2.  Click the Settings... button at the bottom.

3.  Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.

4.  Next to Data Format, choose PDF (Multiple Pages).

5.  Place a checkmark next to Check scan results and specify save settings.

6.  Click OK.

7.  Back in the IJ Scan Utilty, click the Document button.

The document will be scanned.   Once scanning is complete, the Save window will appear.

You can rotate pages, rearrange pages, specify a save location and the name to save the PDF as using this window.

For more information, please use the following link to the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MG3022:

http://Canon.us/66ju

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That worked awesome!!!! Thank you!!!!

Now i have one more question. Do have to have image garden for this to work? I ask because  every time i scan something image garden pops up and i dont need it to because the job is already done. What would happen if i remove image garden from my system?

UPDATE:  Never mind. I went ahead and removed it from off my system and everything works great. Actually the process is a little faster.

fishn4souls
Apprentice

I have a Mac that's connected via wifi. I was wondering how I can scan documents and see the pdf on the computer.

Announcements