cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma MG4250 prints grayscale in a greenish color.

pavloski
Apprentice

Some time ago my printer pixma MG4250 begun to print in a greenish color for black & white documents.

To print I select option to print in grayscale but the results are greenish color, my cartridges are quite new and I have the printer installed in xubuntu with IJ driver version 3.8 for linux. What's the problem? some configuration missing in the printer properties? Note: in the printer properties --> job options I add in other options CNGrayscale --> true ,  BUT it doesn't help, still prints in green. Someone can help me? thanks Vladi.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pavloski,

A test of your PIXMA MG4250 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG4250 and follow these steps:

1.  Select Setup from the HOME screen.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.

Does your printout match the following example?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

MG4220 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Good morning, I printed the nozzle pattern and the left vertical lines are printed in a greenish color only the first 2 vertical lines are black (blk) an the rest vertical lines are in "greenscale" for cyan, magenta an yellow the horizontal lines prints correct. what to do now? Thanks

This is my paterrn: nozzle pattern.png

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements