cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mx 922 code 6000

SMITHKA
Apprentice

Help I have seen where people have posted this issue but I can not find if people have had a resolution. If anyone knows how to fix this issue please post.

HELP.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SMITHKA,

Please follow the following steps:

1. Turn your PIXMA MX922 off.

2. Open the cover, as if you were going to scan.

3. With the cover still open, turn your PIXMA MX922 on.

If the 6000 reappears, please close the cover and then follow these steps:

1. Turn your PIXMA MX922 off and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove paper from the cassette.

3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1. Open the top cover of the printer.

3-2. If paper is visible, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. Check the inside of the unit with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.

5. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

6. Load paper back into the cassette.

7. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

8. Open the printer cover to access the ink tanks.

9. Please take each ink tank out and then reinsert them. You should hear a clicking noise, letting you know that the ink tanks are installed correctly.

If the 6000 still appears, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ct1
Apprentice

I have a brand new canon mx922, printed 6 photos perfectly. Tried to print a document get error 6000. I see absolutely no paper jam. This was a spare printer i bought a few years ago just in case my other mx922 broke which it did print head error. I am about to give up on canon printers.  I have already scraped 8 printers

Announcements