cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mp620 scanner not found

gale
Apprentice

I have a canon MP620 that is connected via USB. I was able to scan using a program 2 days ago but now it will not. The last windows updates that were installed were before that. I have tried paint and photoshop elements. In paint the scanner is grayed out as if it's not connected. In photoshop elements a box pops up that says Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons. Scanner is turned off. Scanner is disconnected. 

The scanner is turned on. It's connected via usb. There are no empty or nearly empty ink cartridges. I downloaded and reinstalled the lastest drivers. The printer part doesn't work either. When I try to print it says the printer is offline. But if I go into printer propertes in my control panel, it shows up as if it's there. I tried removing and re-adding the printer but when I tried to print a test page, it says printer not responding. I tried a new printer cable and a different USB port. 

Any other ideas I can try? 

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For testing purposes, try using the MP Navigator program for the MP620.  This program is the recommended program to use for scanning.

If you continue to have difficulties with accessing the scanner, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

With MP Navigator I get the same error box that I got on photoshop elements.

I tried it on a laptop and it worked fine. How do I figure out what's causing this in my computer? I reinstalled the drivers, disabled my firewall, disabled my avg, and it still doesn't work. Other things work in the same usb ports and the cable works fine with the laptop. Should I just throw the printer away? 

If it matters I have windows 7 64 bit and an intel i3 processor. Not sure what else would make a difference. 

eta: well I finally got it to work by uninstalling everything related to the printer and then plugged it in and it reinstalled the drivers. But now I can't get it to work wirelessly. I don't have the cd anymore and don't know which software I need to download to get it connected. 

Hi gale,

Prior to reinstalling the drivers for the printer, will want to ensure that the wireless LAN setting on the printer is set to active. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel (A) or the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.

2. Select Device settings, then press the OK button.

3. Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

4. Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.

5. Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.

Once the wireless LAN setting is active, we can now install the latest drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website to get the printer reconnected wirelessly. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MP620. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select the correct operating system.

2. Next, please click on the box labeled "DRIVERS" next to the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", locate the MINI MASTER SETUP file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

3. Once you have downloaded the file, please also download the software for the printer from the SOFTWARE section.

Once all files are downloaded, please double-click on them to launch the installation programs and install the drivers and software on your computer.  Please start with the MINI MASTER SETUP file.

Once all items are reinstalled, if you still experience difficulty using the printer wirelessly, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements