cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon class action lawsuit for various printers (IP, IX, MG, MP and MX models)

cbrsmurf
Apprentice

I received this email about 1 month ago.  Sorry about posting it just now.  If court rules against Canon, you should receive $50 each printer, or $75 voucher towards a new Canon printer.

NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
In re Canon Inkjet Printer Litigation, Case No. 2:14-cv-3235-LDW-SIL
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
A settlement of a proposed class action lawsuit has been reached with Canon U.S.A., Inc. (“Canon USA”) concerning certain models of Canon-brand PIXMA inkjet printers which are listed below.  The individual plaintiffs who commenced the lawsuit claim that such printers suffer from a Print Head Issue, that is, an issue involving the print head installed in the printer and/or related to a U052 error message displayed by the printer.  Canon USA denies the claim and asserts that the printers are not defective in any manner.
Printer Models
The settlement class includes all persons who purchased (1) in new condition from eitherCanon USA or one of its authorized Printer resellers, or (2) in refurbished condition directly from Canon USA, one or more of the following PIXMA printer models (collectively, the “Printers”): iP3600, iP4700, iP4820, iP4920, iX6520, iX7000, MG5120, MG5220, MG5320, MG6120, MG6220, MG8120, MG8220, MP500, MP530, MP560, MP600, MP610, MP620, MP640, MP730, MP800, MP960, MP970, MP990, MX700, MX712, MX850, MX860, MX870, MX882, MX892, MX7600, PRO9000MKII and PRO9500MKII, including all models that are derivatives of the models identified above and which are signified by a suffix following the model numbers set forth above.
Relief
For Print Head Issues only, Canon USA shall extend the existing express, limited one-year warranty for the Printers for nine (9) months from the date that the warranty otherwise would have expired.  Settlement class members who experienced a Print Head Issue may be entitled to the following additional relief, at their option: (1) a cash payment of up to fifty dollars ($50.00) or (2) a voucher valued at up to seventy-five dollars ($75.00) redeemable at CanonUSA’s online store, www.shop.usa.canon.com.
Seeking Relief
To be eligible to obtain the relief described above, you must submit a completed Claim Form, with supporting documentation, on or before December 7, 2015.  Claim Forms can be found at www.CanonInkjetPrinterSettlement.com, and can be submitted via that website, or by mail, facsimile or electronic mail.  You can also obtain one by calling the Claims Administrator at 1-888-256-5633.
Objecting To or Excluding Oneself From the Settlement
Settlement class members who either submit a Claim Form or do nothing will be bound by the settlement and the order(s) issued by the Court concerning the settlement.  If you are a potential settlement class member and wish to sue Canon USA separately, you must exclude yourself from the settlement class (sometimes called “opting out”) by submitting a written exclusion request.  Information concerning where, how, and in what form to submit a written exclusion request can be found at www.CanonInkjetPrinterSettlement.com.  In addition, settlement class members are entitled to object to the settlement terms by submitting a written objection.  Information concerning where, how and in what form to submit a written objection can be found at www.CanonInkjetPrinterSettlement.com.  Any written exclusion request or written objection must be submitted by November 24, 2015.
The Court will hold a hearing on December 14, 2015 to consider whether to approve the settlement, and to consider requests by the plaintiffs’ attorneys for attorneys’ fees and expenses and for incentive awards for the individual plaintiffs.  You and/or your own lawyer may appear at the hearing at your own expense, but you are not required to do so. The date and/or time of the hearing may change. Please check www.CanonInkjetPrinterSettlement.com for updates.
For more information, or to obtain a Claim Form, please go to www.CanonInkjetPrinterSettlement.com, or you may contact co-lead counsel for the plaintiffs, William B. Federman of Federman & Sherwood, 10205 North Pennsylvania Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73120, (405) 235-1560, WBF@federmanlaw.com, or Benjamin F. Johns of Chimicles & Tikellis LLP, 361 West Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA 19041, (610) 642-8500, BFJ@chimicles.com.
2 REPLIES 2

TrprGrl
Apprentice

I had just gotten a letter stating that I did not qualify due to non submission.   I dont get it I sent in what I needed... Anyone know where I can get a print head for a Pixma MX712??

drwchick
Apprentice
Final Hearing 12/14/2015

Claims Administrator

Canon Inkjet Printer Settlement
c/o Angeion Group
1801 Market Street, Suite 660
Philadelphia, PA 19103

Phone: 888-256-5633
Fax: 215-525-0209

CanonInkjet@AngeionGroup.com

Announcements