cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS9120 code 5011

kainlee
Apprentice

My ts9120, only worked for 3 months, now error code 5011 can not be removed.

I tried all solutions found on website, did not work.

Now printer can not print anything, except to simple maintaining task, by Power+4 clicks-Stop entring an stange mode.

since the printing funticon working perfectly, why printer OS can not ignore 5011 scanner failure only use the printing function.

I notice the when power on the printer, the scanner lamp is on, but the light is very low, is this means the lamp failure?

And I checked the power supply, when power on, I can measure 24V or 32V, but after error code displayed, I can only measured 6-8V for both 24V and 34V power suply, is this correct?

is the scanner lamp same as TS9020?

9 REPLIES 9

kainlee
Apprentice

Why the scanner unit failure, I can not use the printing function, normally I do not use it to scan anything.

Any methods to ignore the 5011 code, just use it as a printer?

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Thanks to poor design and quality of Canon printer, I found the cause, maybe it's the lamp of scanner out of work, when printer power on, the scanner need initializing self-check, the scanner head will move and lamp on to return GOOD signal to main board, now the lamp only had very dim green light(normally it should be bright white light), so return NG, initialize failed. I need to find a replacement scanner head and the strip cable to see if the lamp or cable dead, otherwise the mainboard maybe dead.

I am getting an almost new 25$ 9120 body without ink cart. and print head, so I can replace any parts to repair this printer, hope me lucky.

Why Canon's engineer will not tell the user how to check the printer against code 5011.

TSxxxx user need to know: 5011 means the scanner head failure, 5012 means the scanner driver system failure.

Canno support team shall not always push customer to buy service or new printer, please suporting customer to troubleshooting and repair at home, send back to repair is not a good option for user.

Thanks.

Hi Kainlee,

If you purchased your PIXMA TS9120, please contact Canon for a replacement.

To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I think I've only used mine a few times...  and I know Ive only printed ten pages maximum...  I too have this Error Code 5011.  I've wasted about two hours tonight...  it won't do anything, no print, scan or copy...  what a waste of $$$...  Im pissed off...  I haven't used this thing in months, and I was hoping to print a few things tonight, what a disappointment.  I will have to call them and see if they can fix this thing.  

Signed,

Disgusted...

How the the scanner fail if I've never even scanned anything...  WTF?

Your support is a joke! I purchased this printer but we have never used it. I have the same 5011 error and can’t get it to clear. I called the number you shared and the recording said all support for this model is done online. Another dissatisfied customer who will never purchase a Canon product again!

tomahoney
Apprentice
did you ever fix it. canon support reeally sucks. cant even talk to a person.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements