cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS5120 no longer scans from Mac

Shanemc444
Apprentice
I used to be able to print and scan from my MacBook to TS5120. I now have the app on my iPhone and can do both no problem. Since then I can still print from my Mac but can no longer scan. I receive the error message “An error occurred while communicating with the scanner.” If I click on driver I receive the error message “An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. (-9923)”
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shanemc444
Apprentice
Disabling the IPv6 worked, thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

" I used to be able to print and scan from my MacBook..  - Running which Mac OS?

How are these devices connected?

"Since then"..  - Did something change?  Did you upgrade the OS?  If yes to what version?

See this article:

Canon Knowledge Base - Error -9923 Appears When Trying to Scan Across a Network on macOS

Note, if you are running the latest version of MAC OS (currently Big Sur), and you have upgraded your OS running a drivers package for an earlier Mac OS version, you might get unexpected results.

First try disabling IPv6 (in the article I referenced above)  Restart and test.

If that doesn't solve, Remove the device from Printers and Scanner dialog, and reinstall using the appropriate drivers package for the version of MAC OS you are running.  Note again, if the TS5120 is your only installed printer "Resetting Your Printing System" might not be a bad idea.  If you are now running BS, try installing the IJ networking Utility Lite.

IJ Scan Utility Lite is the application software which enables you to scan photos and documents using AirPrint. You can easily scan such items simply by clicking the icon you want to choose in the main screen of IJ Scan Utility Lite.

IJ Scan Utility - Lite

You should be able to print and scan using airprint under BS, no CUPS driver is currently avaialble.  Please post the miissing information above, the steps you performed and outcome.  We can try to assist further if needed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shanemc444
Apprentice
Disabling the IPv6 worked, thank you!
Announcements