cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS5120 Printing blurry / wavy

blueorder
Contributor

Hello and thank you for your help!

Out of nowhere this week my printer of a year old (Canon TS5120) started printing wonky. Some of the final print is somewhat blurry, uneven, not clear, just not right.

I have followed help from Canon regarding alignment.

I have performed automatic alignment about 3 times, and manual alignment by using +5/-5 for A,B,C,D etc.

I have removed the cartridges and attempted to clean the connector points.

I have wirelessly disconnected the printer and re-connected.

Downloaded current Canon driver for printer.

There is zero different in print quality and I cannot even fathom any other troubleshooting ideas. I will try to attach images showing current print results. They look like blurry pictures, but that is the print quality.  

Any help would be wildly appreciated. 

Cheers

Scott

IMG-8065.jpgIMG-8063.jpgIMG-8064.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just an update, problem solved. Replaced both ink cartridges, fixed!  Because the existing cartridges were nearly full, I did not want to purchase new ones for $50 just to troubleshoot, but as a last resort it worked.  None of the issues seemed to lead to ink issues, looked like alignment but done. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

blueorder
Contributor

I have since disconnected the printer's wireless connected, and re-connected. Re-started the PC again, still nothing.  it's only a $120 printer. I'm wondering if I should take to a place like Geek Squaud, but the cost might outweigh the printer....

Just checking in if anyone has any ideas about troubleshooting this. 
Thank you

Hi, blueorder!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Hello Stephen, 

Thank you for replying 🙂 I did not intend on immediate assistance, I originally started on September 23rd, and thought maybe I should try another time for those who may not have not had the chance to read my situation.  

Thank you for reaching out!

Scott

Hey there!

I understand! I just wanted to pass along the contact information to you just in case you needed help with your situation more quickly. 

Our support team has been very busy and pops in the forum when they have the chance. 

Well, I do need assistance lol, but I hope to hold out until someone has the time and expertise. In the mean time I have asked friends and neighbors to print some documents on my behalf. I appreciate your time, and anyone else who has time to share their knowledge. 

Just an update, problem solved. Replaced both ink cartridges, fixed!  Because the existing cartridges were nearly full, I did not want to purchase new ones for $50 just to troubleshoot, but as a last resort it worked.  None of the issues seemed to lead to ink issues, looked like alignment but done. 

Announcements