cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS3320 not registering new ink cartridge *with video

tailzunleashed
Apprentice

my brand new printer just ran out of its factory ink so i purchased the Canon 245 compatable ink from Staples yesterday. I went to install the new cartridge and it wont register. The printer is not realigning itself after install or before install. its just doing literally nothing.

https://youtu.be/dDq0cfOGtSA

there is the proof. please help

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Best suggestion I can offer.  Use Canon branded OEM inks...  then you don't have to deal with incompatibility.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

tailzunleashed
Apprentice
It is canon 245 fine ink so im not sure what youre talking about

You said "Canon Compatible"...  not Canon brand so this could lead someone to believe you didn't buy OEM Canon ink.

If it was Canon branded ink, I'd suggest checking that any tape covering the contacts was completey removed.  You can also try removing and reseating the cartridge and powering the printer off, unplugging from power, reconnecting and powering back on.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

tailzunleashed
Apprentice
"Canon 245 compatable ink cartridge" is what i said meaning its the Canon 245 black ink compatable with the exact printer i have..

I've powered on and off 45 times, unplugged 10 times, qtipped the connections, put the ink in amd out 87 times, open and closed the door 34 times.

I was really hoping for an actual bit of help but canon doesnt even have a phone customer service line. This machine was a waste of $100. I think im just going to go back to HP because canon is clearly the lowest quality.

Thanks anyways.

Hi tailzunleashed,

Based on the video that you provided, it would appear that you do not have the color ink cartridge installed.  This would be the cause of the error that you are experiencing.

The PIXMA TS3320 requires that you have both the color and the black ink cartridges installed in order to use the PIXMA TS3320.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tailzunleashed
Apprentice
I will put the dead one back in tonight ans see if that solves my issue.
Announcements