cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS-6000 - more info

PV1
Contributor

I downloaded an installation file from Canon and I reinstalled the printer. I now have the printer connected wirelessly to my laptop. I printed a nozzle check page and all colors come out fine. No clogs - but the top line of the page where the grid of black lines appears - is not there. All others are. When I try to print a small page with words on it, nothing is printed. I don't know what to do now. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What is the history of this printer?

When was it last used?  When did it last work?

It sounds like your black ink is either depleted, clogged or dried up.  This might explain why the black grid is not printing during a nozzle check operation.

You can try a deep cleaning, but success can depend on the age of the cartridge and the frequency of use.  Inkjet printers do not do well if allowed to sit idle for long periods between use.

https://hk.canon/en/support/0100767402

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi - got it working again but I'll give you the details. Printer is 3 years old and has always worked great until a couple of weeks ago. Noticed voids in my text printing as in lines thru the words. I did a nozzle check and a deep cleaning. No deal. But now it doesn't print anything on the test page except the image at the top and the words test page. I uninstalled reinstalled. Had to find my way thru all the network settings - couldn't get it to print from my laptop. Went to win7 desktop - did a copy and it printed so knew printer was ok. Put laptop in homegroup and now can print from all pcs. 

Don't know what caused lines in text. Ink was not low.  I use the printer frequently - so it's a mystery but now at least all is working. Thanks.

Announcements