cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8520 printer but moved to India

how_could_i_kno
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon PIXMA TR8520 and moved to India where the same printer is called TR8570. The ink for 8520 is is 28X series and for 8570 is 78X series. Unfortunately the ink cartrigde is not compatible. Is there a way around it or do I need to discard this printer in case importing ink is just not an option. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Ink is coded differently is other countries so the printer will not detect the cartridge correctly. You can try holding the stop button down on the printer for 5 seconds to see if it will clear the error. If that does not work, you would either need to have ink sent to you or you would have to purchase the TR8570.

You can also try reaching out to Canon India to see if there is anything they can do about replacing the printer or providing a possible discount on a new one.

You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Ink is coded differently is other countries so the printer will not detect the cartridge correctly. You can try holding the stop button down on the printer for 5 seconds to see if it will clear the error. If that does not work, you would either need to have ink sent to you or you would have to purchase the TR8570.

You can also try reaching out to Canon India to see if there is anything they can do about replacing the printer or providing a possible discount on a new one.

You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements