Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon TR8520 - getting Support Code 1660 with new Canon cartridge

Hi ,

I purchased a new Canon 8520 multi-function printer to replace my MX922 and I've been using it for a few months with the original cartidges and been very pleased with it.

Today I was notified that the 250XL black cartridge needed replacing so I installed a new original Canon cartridge and immediately  recieved this 1660 error code. I have tried everything suggested on this and other forums to reset the machine including removing the power, using the Stop button, etc.

Nothing seems to work. I purchased another 250XL cartridge today thinking it might be caused by a defective unit but the same code keeps coming up no matter how many times I replace the cart. How can I correct this, as my printer is current;ly useless without the cartridge. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon TR8520 - getting Support Code 1660 with new Canon cartridge

Greetings,

The TR8520 uses the following inks:

PGI-280 Pigment Black Ink
CLI-281 Dye Based Inks

250XL is compatible with your MX922.  They are not interchangeable

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
New Contributor

Re: Canon TR8520 - getting Support Code 1660 with new Canon cartridge

Thanks Rick, I went back and now I realise that I was using older leftover cartridges instead, should have checked more carefully!

The laugh's on me though, as I bought a two-fer pack yesterday for the 250XL...Smiley Tongue

Now to go and get the 280's...