cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8520 - getting Support Code 1660 with new Canon cartridge

Alexdad54
Apprentice

Hi ,

I purchased a new Canon 8520 multi-function printer to replace my MX922 and I've been using it for a few months with the original cartidges and been very pleased with it.

Today I was notified that the 250XL black cartridge needed replacing so I installed a new original Canon cartridge and immediately  recieved this 1660 error code. I have tried everything suggested on this and other forums to reset the machine including removing the power, using the Stop button, etc.

Nothing seems to work. I purchased another 250XL cartridge today thinking it might be caused by a defective unit but the same code keeps coming up no matter how many times I replace the cart. How can I correct this, as my printer is current;ly useless without the cartridge. 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The TR8520 uses the following inks:

PGI-280 Pigment Black Ink
CLI-281 Dye Based Inks

250XL is compatible with your MX922.  They are not interchangeable

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick, I went back and now I realise that I was using older leftover cartridges instead, should have checked more carefully!

The laugh's on me though, as I bought a two-fer pack yesterday for the 250XL...:p

Now to go and get the 280's...

Announcements