cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Support Sucks - Error when seeking support via email

ClaraDon
Apprentice

Is it OK to vent a bit of frustration in here about the Canon support.  I went to their e-mail support for my Pixma MG5422 Printer since my Photoshop software can not find the scanner  after upgrading to Windows 10.  I filled out that long form with my e-mail address, phone # etc. etc. Model and serial #'s etc. etc.  Everything worked just fine until i hit the "Submit" button.

That one didn't work.

I guess Canon figures that typing it all out would relieve your frustration...but thewy don't want to hear about it.

15 REPLIES 15

Danny

Hi, ClaraDon!

We can understand your frustration.  Not only do we want to help you, we also want to make sure our web site works.

You mentioned that everything worked fine up until you clicked the "Submit" button.  Could you give us more information on you saw after that?

As for our support team, our email support team is staffed around the clock and usually reply very promptly.  Our phone support will reopen tomorrow (Monday 11/30) at 10 AM ET (7 AM PT) if you would rather have real-time help from one of our support experts.  All our support options are listed at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support

We look forward to assisting you!

Same problem here. I enter in the details of my issue, [tried submitting it] but the submit button doesn't work. I've tried it in Firefox, and Opera. I cannot submit the support request.

Hi Mechanaut!

We haven't been made aware of any issues with our website today. Please ensure you're using a current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari and head to http://bit.ly/ContactCanon 

Once you're there, all you should have to do is enter your information and the submit button should work just fine. If you find that you're still having issues, feel free to send your support request to our email team directly with all of your contact information, model information, a description of your problem you're having and the computer operating system you're using to carecenter@cits.canon.com

Phone support for printers is open Monday - Friday from 10AM to 10PM Eastern Time at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

We hope this helps!

I tried to get advice about using a new Imageclass MFP with Windows Vista 32Bit.  The phone support had an insanely long wait period.    The online chat kept trying to send me to a paid just answer support site, even after I specifically stated I did not want it (it was obviously all robotic).    I just need technical support!!

carlosxxgarcia
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MP250 and I use a Compaq Presario CQ57, I use Windows 7.

Since I have re-filled my ink cartridges I cannot use my printer as now it isn´t recognised by my PC and it doesn´t respond, and also my Scanner doesn´t work either and I don´t know why, this has nothing to do with ink cartridges.

Please can you help me, when I turn on the printer the light comes on.

Many thanks.

Carlos Garcia Cañas

trippydaisy
Apprentice
This is now 2019 and I’m still having the same issue. Filled out the email support form - tried on both my iPhone and laptop and when I click on submit absolutely NOTHING happens.

Hello, trippydaisy!

Canon USA no longer offers technical support via email for our PIXMA printers. While the email support form is still active on our website for some camera products, it won't allow you to "send" an email if a printer product is selected. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our technical support team can still help you out over the phone by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday to Friday from 8AM to 8PM ET. They can provide you with step by step troubleshooting and if that doesn't help clear the error message then they can explore other options with you. 

We're confident that they will be able to help you out!

But how can we get printer support?  The online chat refers us to a paid support website.  The phone support has incredibly long wait times.  There has to be a better option.

-Fred

@StevenMOD wrote:

Canon USA no longer offers technical support via email for our PIXMA printers. While the email support form is still active on our website for some camera products, it won't allow you to "send" an email if a printer product is selected. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused you.

So then don't you think you should REMOVE THE OPTION FOR PRINTERS FROM THAT PAGE? I just spent an hour gathering all the information and typing out my problem to find that the form wouldn't submit on either my phone or my laptop! Seriously, what the hell!?

At the very least, a notification to the user when the select a printer would be SUPER HELPFUL.

I mean, seriously, this was reported SIX YEARS AGO. You've had time to fix this!!!

Announcements