cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Quick Menu doesn't load after MS forced upgrade to Windows 8.1 -- HELP!

midlifemama
Apprentice

Microsoft forced me to upgrade last night from Windows 8 to 8.1 last night, and when I went to print this morning, the Canon Quick Menu isn't loading to my desktop. It flashes briefly and then disappears. I see that other people have had this problem. What can I do? Do I need to uninstall the printer and sofwater and reinstall? Do I delete the old OS? I'm not a techie so I don't want to mess up the laptop I use for work. Any help would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, midlifemama!

So that the Community can help you better, we'll need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's a Canon PIXMA 5420. All was working fine until MS upgraded me from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. I can print and I can go into  the Canon folder and hunt around to scan, but the Quick Menu, which always showed up on my desktop, is no longer there. I have already looked at various responses in the Canon community (it seems more than a few people have had this issue with Windows), but they're either super technical or don't solve my issue. Thanks for any help.

Hello.

there are a few items that have to be installed in order for the Quick Menu to function.

Visit www.usa.canon.com and use the search box at the top right to search for your printer.  Then download the MP Drivers and all of the items in the Software listing for full functionality.

If additional assistance is needed, Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I shouldn't uninstall and reinstall? Just download the MP driver?

What about the XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.60a (Windows)and the MG5400 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7? Both of these also show up under recommended drivers and downloads on the Canon support website.

thanks!

Hi midlifemama!

We recommend reaching out to our technical support team for step by step instructions and troubleshooting. You can reach them by telephone or email HERE

We hope this helps! 

Announcements