cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printers Operability in Upcoming Mac OS Catalina

larryis1
Contributor

I have both a Canon MX870 and a Canon MG5620. I am using these printer via a wireless connection through a router to two current version Apple iMac computers.  They both work fine currently within Mac OS Mojave 14.6.  Any idea whether these two printer will continue to fully operate under upcoming soon to be released Mac OS Catalina?  Your assistance will be appreciated.  

Best regards, Larry

27 REPLIES 27

Thanks. I will try this.

I had issues with scanning with the Canon Utilities, so switched to an paid app called VueScan. I have been using it without problems for many years and can recommend it. I have just checked and it has a 64 bit version, but I do not know yet if Canon has 64 bit drivers. I am about to upgrade to Catalina also.

I have been using Image Capture within the Mac OS Catalina, this application comes with the operating system software. My scanning with my Canon all in one unit has been just fine using this application.

Thanks! Nice option to have given Canon hasn't updated their tool

Unfortunately my only printer is a Pixma MG5520. Printing seems OK but I cannot use the Canon IJ Scan Utility. 

larryis1
Contributor

After having upgraded from Mojave to Catalina this morning for the first time (after update 10.15.2 became available), I am pleased to report that I have full and complete functionality of both my Canon AIO printers, i.e., MX870 and MG5620.  The existing drivers work fine for printing and scanning.  Overall updgrade went smoothly and was a positive experience.

Larry

Thank you.

jimonqa
Contributor
Image Capture was working for me but now can’t locate the scanner (Canon MX870) which is on my wired network. I finally bought Vuescan and it finds it and works just fine. I’m on Catalina 10.15.4. Not sure if going to .4 from .3 caused Image Capture to stop seeing my scanner on the network. Either way, since I have two of these scanners, it made sense to buy Vuescan rather than replace the Canons.
Announcements