cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer MX360 PIXMA

jolas
Apprentice

Greetings - and apologies if this question has already been asked ....

Upon replacing my empty 510 Black FINE PG-510 ink cartridge with a new replacement unit, I keep on reading the

error message "check ink" U051 on my printer.

It does not allow me to do anything else like nozzle cleaning, printer tests, etc.

Please help, its driving me insane.  Much appreciated.

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jolas,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the ink is still not detected, please take the ink out and reply with the information that is listed on the cartridge( where it was made, if it was refilled, where it was purchased, etc).

We look forward to your reply.

Hi Arthur,

Many thanks for your reply, most appreciated.  I have followed your  printer reset insructions, unfortunately the

ink message still

displays - grrrrrrr !

Attached is a pic of the cartridge, it is a new unit, ie, not re-filled somewhere, I tossed the wrapping away unfortunately,

I don't think the retail outlet will refund me.

Thanks again for your help.

ink cartridge resized.jpg

Hi all

Does anyone else perhaps have any advice with regards to my problem - brand new ink cartidge, but printer still displays no ink, no luck with re-setting printer, etc.

Cheers

Paul

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

The PIXMA MX360 units sold here in the United States do not use PG-510 cartridges.  You would need to use PG-210 or CL-211 cartridges with the printer.  Please visit the following link for a full list of the supplies that are compatible with this model.

PIXMA MX360 Supplies & Accessories

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ndevlin23
Apprentice

this printer is not wireless capable but what adaptors do i 

need to make it wireless? please be specific so i can know what to purchase 

thanks 

Announcements