cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer MX300 paper feed problem

JAKMog
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MX 300 printer, I'm using Windows 7 OS. I have downloaded the latest driver. The paper will not feed; there is no paper stuck in the machine and turning it off and on won't clear it. The printer does not even pull the paper in. As soon as I push copy or print, it gives me the message: "paper jammed."  It does not feed whether connected to the computer or merely trying to copy.  There is probably some simple solution to this situation, but I sure can't find it.  I'm counting on you folks!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JAKMog,

I recommend performing a roller cleaning on MX300. Please click HERE for the steps. I also recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer. 

If these steps do not resolve the paper feeding issue the printer would need to be replaced since service is no longer available for this model.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

It is now Oct 19, 2021 and I just now read your recommendation about the MX300 feed problem.  I followed your instructions below but the paper is still not feeding.  This has been a great printer and so I purchased a Cannon TR7000 printer to replace it.  My existing MX300 had provided excellent service for several years so  I am not requesting any type of credit towards the purchase of our new printer.  Kudos to Cannon for offering a discount for a replacement product though. 👍  I am very impressed with Cannon products, including my EOS Rebel T3 camera, which I love.  Kudos to Cannon!!!

Announcements