cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma mx922 screen keeps turning on

etsmith3
Apprentice

Just bought my Pixma MX922.  Its been great so far, the only thing is the screen keeps coming on for no reason.  Seems like it gets woken up by something random.  I have unplugged the phone line, disabled all cloud services, and even when all computers are off the screen will turn on like its getting ready to do something.

Anyone seen this and /or have a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The LCD display will wake up if the printer receives any signals.  If the printer is used on a network, monitoring utilities such as a firewall or even your router may be ping devices on the network.  This signal would wake up the display.  Due to the proprietary nature of firewall programs and routers, it may be difficult to narrow down what is broadcasting signals through your network.  If the printer is rarely used, you may want to consider powering the printer off when it is not in use.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The LCD display will wake up if the printer receives any signals.  If the printer is used on a network, monitoring utilities such as a firewall or even your router may be ping devices on the network.  This signal would wake up the display.  Due to the proprietary nature of firewall programs and routers, it may be difficult to narrow down what is broadcasting signals through your network.  If the printer is rarely used, you may want to consider powering the printer off when it is not in use.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue and am connected via USB.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements