cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma mx922 issue

cclipper44
Apprentice

I am having an issue with getting anything to print from my pixma. I have recently had to change out 4 out of the 5 printe rink cartridges which were getting quite low. Upon changing the inks, I tried printing a page that ended out coming out with only one portion being printed on the page and it came out really light and faded in spots. 

To reemedy the problem a tried to print a test page from my tools and settings which came out perfectly alligned and in good color. I tried printing my original page again and the same issue happened once again as the first time. I then did an automatic printer head allign from the tools and settings and that came out perfect as well. Going back to print my original page it once again had the same issue as the first two times. 

I'm just looking for a way to solve this problem and be able to print pages again. As a teacher, I can't afford to be without a printer on a nightly basis when I get home. Any help on fixing thi problem would be great. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

cclipper44
Apprentice

Also I use both a windows 7 computer and a windows vista computer to print from. 

>> ... print a test page from my tools and settings which came out perfectly alligned and in good color ...

So the printer has new ink and DOES print perfectly - but it sounds like the other document you are trying to print is somehow problematic ... When you try to print it, are you going into settings and choosing "high quality" mode? It may be defaulting to a "lesser quality" mode (which IS appropriate for some types of documents).

The same issue appears in any quality type (low, standard, high). I also just tried to print a copy page rather than printing a document and this time nothing printed at all, just a blank page. Something is seriously wrong

Call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON. They will walk you through the solution. That's 1-800-652-2666. 

okay thanks.

Announcements