cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TS9521C

Marley819
Apprentice

Hello.  I just tried to set up this printer and the first thing I got was an error code 1890 telling me there was protective material that needed to be removed.  After inspecting the machine for almost 2 hours and finding nothing that seemed to be where it shouldn't, I gave up and then tried installing the ink cartridges.  Now I keep getting error code 5100.  This printer has never been used so nothing can possibly have gotten jammed into it.  I have had many printers through the years and am positive the cartridges are clicking and installing correctly. 

I've turned it off and on repeatedly, reinstalled the ink cartridges and now it keeps giving me error code 5100.  Has anyone ver had this issue and if so, can you offer me any clues on how to fix this issue?  I've never even had the chance to print anything yet and it started out with error codes.  I am completely baffled on this one.

Thanks.

Marlene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Error Code 5100

Start Here

2nd most common cause.  Incorrect cartridge installtion. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Error Code 5100

Start Here

2nd most common cause.  Incorrect cartridge installtion. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the information.  I tried everything that was recommended and could find no problem with the cartridges so I finally got on the phone with Canon support. After troubleshooting these issues with a tech, he determined that it is probably a defective printer. I did understand that the codes given definitely suggested a problem with the cartridge being jammed or impeded, most likely by packing materials or one of those orange tapes.  Knowing that I had inspected the printer repeatedly and could find nothing that looked like it didn't belong, I initially was hoping they could help me reset it and start over.  Thankfully, because it is still under warranty, I am happy to report that they are shipping me a new replacement for free.

I do appreciate your response.  Thanks again.

Marlene

Hi Marlene,

Glad if my help did nothing more than point you in the right direction.

Thanks 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements