cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TS9120 print is faded, blotchy, etc.

BrittanyBerry
Contributor

So I have a TS9120 and have had it just about a month. When I print from Cricut Design Space or anywhere else, the print is extremely faded and blotchy. I have a yellow box with red and green streaks on it (the yellow box is correct but the red and green should not be there). I have already went through all of the troubleshooting steps, cleaning it, etc., and nothing is helping. My ink levels are fine, too. Although they are less than half, I'm not getting a warning or anything.

I need this fixed ASAP for my business. My business relies on this printer, and I don't know what to do. I could try to change the ink cartridges, but if that isn't what's going on I'd rather not waste ink.

Someone please help me!

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does this happen if you print from another program?

What media are you printing on?

Can you post a screen shot of tour Cricut print window?

What operating system are you using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It happens with all printing, not just Cricut Design Space. 

I'm using Windows 10. 

I used matte photo paper, regular standard, and plain paper with high quality. 

I've attached 3 screenshots of the process that I go through to print the designs, and when they're printed, they look like crap. The actual designs that you see in the picture are faded on the edges only. It almost looks like water was on them, but it's on all of them. I turn the bleed on because I use the Cricut to kiss-cut them without the white spaces. 

CD screenshot2.jpgCDS screenshot 3.jpgCDS screenshot.jpg

You say it happens with all printing.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

Did it ever print correctly?

I recommend you give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by media, but it's happening with everything. The media type I've used are the three I mentioned, and I use sticker paper. I was putting the driver setting on standard or photo print, then sticker paper in the rear tray. 

I haven't actually tried a PDF document because I don't use those, but I can just to see if it is Cricut. 

OK. I think I now understand the problem.

Based on what you just provided I think I understand you to say that you are choosing those options in the printer driver as various choices to print on stcker paper.

Is the sticker paper you are trying to print on non-absorbent. What happens if you drip water on the sticker paper - does it get absorbed or bead up?

You are using a dye ink printer. The inks are colored liquid.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, that's what I'm trying to say.

I just put a drop of water on a sheet, and it beaded up before soaking in some of it. Is that the issue?

I failed to mention that I tried printing on regular copy paper, and it's doing the same thing. 

Then I recommend you try to print a document on plain paper. 

if that doesn't work you should call Canon. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements