cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TS8020 not printing

ktfromkc
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma TS8020 printer. New to us as we haven't  used it a lot. I have changed ink cartridges and now NOTHING at all prints. I have done all the trbl shooting, ALL the cleans and nothing seems to help the situation.

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ktfromkc,

First, please print a test page:

1.  Select Setup from the HOME screen of your PIXMA TS8020.  It is the gear at the bottom of the screen.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Select Setup from the HOME screen.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Cleaning.

4.  Tap Yes to clean the printhead.

5.  Tap Yes to print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?  If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

TS6020 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have had such terrible luck with all other attempts that this is the first time I have ventured back here!! As I type I am powering up "the beast" and going to follow your directions. Thank you in advance and I'll get back with results. k.t.

Per your directions I attempted to do a print test. It went and started to act like it wanted to print but I ended up with an error code 6004. I turned the printer off and waited a few minutes and turned it back on and went straigt to clean print head in maintenance ...........I again received the same error code. 6004.

I will contact the support team and see what can be done. I am totally exasperated !! I have maybe printed 15 items the whole time we have owned this printer.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Best Regards,

k.t. f kc

ok, I received error msg 6004 and am going to try to manually connect printer w router tomorrow or Sunday and see if I can get the printer to be friends w me 😕 Will inform as progress is made !! I am a bit confused as how the printer became disconnected with computer and off line...

How do you enter a new question in this forum??? Thanx

Hi mfranco! 

Check out our FAQ's for posting here! Hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements