cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX922 duplex printing problem

Doodlebug
Apprentice

I recently purchased a Canon MX922 printer.  Under warranty.  So far I can't get the printer to print on both sides of paper.

From Android printer app, duplex printing option appears but all duplex printing results in single-sided output.

In Windows 10, duplex printing is not shown as an option for the MX922.

I have no user manual and have had trouble downloading a pdf file of the manual (the Canon support manual is of type "exe").

Is the lack of duplex printing a flaw in my printer unit? Is there a printer driver update needed?  Is there a menu change needed on the printer? 

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

BillS
Mentor

Hi Doodlebug,

The duplex printing setting can be set in the printer driver.

1. Press the Windows Start button in the lower left of your screen.

2. Open Control Panel.

3. Select "Devices and Printers."

4. Right-click your printer icon.

5. Select "Printing Preferences."

6. Select the "Page Setup" tab.

7. Check the "Duplex Printing" box.
  8. Press "Apply."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Bill, for your speedy and thorough reply.

It is too late for me tonight to try your suggestion until tomorrow when I surely will.

However, my recollection tonight is that I have already used Devices and Printers from Control Panel, and therein is no option for duplex printing.  The same is true from several Windows programs that provide printer setup options, such as WordPerfect X6 or Photoshop.

In reading about the latest inkjet printers on the web, many (including my Canon MX922) specify "auto duplex printing" as a capability.  If I remember correctly the descriptions of capabilities for my earlier Canon printers, they said only "duplex printing" or some similar wording but the "auto" part I don't remember. 

When I want to print on both sides of a paper sheet, I am accustomed to clicking on a separate menu to specify duplex printing in the document that I am going to print right then.  There is nothing "auto" about this procedure -- that's why I say that the duplex printing option is missing.

Is it possible that the new description, auto duplex printing, means something new?  Anyway, I haven't been able to print double-sided on any document on my new Canon MX922 printer.

I just moved my mx922 to another room and set it up for wireless printing.  It would not duplex print from my LG20, Samsung S4 tablet,  Samsung S10 phone or PC.

Followed the instructions and `happy days`; I now have duplex printing wirelessly from all of my android devices and my win 10 PC.

Rogue_Ogre
Apprentice
The instructions you provided are for Microsoft Windows. The original post described a problem with the ANDROID Canon print driver. I have this problem as well, and would love to see a solution.

Hi Rogue_Ogre,

When you open Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy and select a document on the Android device is simplex listed as the 2-sided option? If so, please tap on change settings and then change 2-sided from simplex to duplex.

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements