cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX870 printing with horizontal lines

Emilio
Apprentice

Recently my printer has begun printing with even horizontal lines across the whole page. I've tried cleaning and deep cleaning, but neither have fixed the problem. Attached is the print nozzle check pattern: http://i.imgur.com/JrLZWgN.jpg . You can see a line between all the letters, and especially on the first rectangle.All ink cartridges are at a decent level as well.

What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Emilio
Apprentice
Any help?

Hi Emilio!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please 
CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

My apologies, I will wait longer next time.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Emilio,

Performing a print head alignment on the printer may eliminate the lines that are appearing on your printouts.  To perform a print head alignment, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MX870 Performing a Print Head Alignment

If the lines still appear after performing the alignments, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements