cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX495 - "Please wait a while" error/bug

miealex
Apprentice

Hello,

Recently I have stumbled upon a weird bug/error.

Every single time I put the printer on, the display shows "Ready Copy A4" for a couple of seconds and then I get this message: "Please wait a while". It doesn't matter if it is plugged into the router (or on wifi) or not, the message is still appearing. At this point it is basically unsuable.

Please advice, thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi miealex,

Please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on to try and reset the printer.  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Ramona. I tried what you suggested but the error reappeared after re-plugging it 😞

Hi miealex,

Since the issue continued after resetting the printer, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements