cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX490 won't scan

southbronx
Apprentice

My Canon MX490 Printer/Scanner -- ir prints just fine, but won't scan. It did until recently, but now gives me this message: "The scanner is not available while in use by another application ..." (Code: 5,,206,8) What other application? I haven't done anything differently or changed anything. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the set-up CD. I desperately need to scan for my coursework. Southbronx

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi, southbronx!

Please try using the My Image Garden software on the computer to scan. If the error persists, please let the community know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

Also, this community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! Since you mentioned this is a time-sensitive matter, we wanted to mention you can also get assistance from our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Jason: Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using Windows 10. I tried going into the scanning function through My Image Garden ... but same result. The screen says "Scanner is warming up."  But it never gets past that message. Like you suggested, I'll try the Canon support email address. Thanks! Southbronx

I am having this same problem. I downloaded the image garden and the scan option isn't clickable even through this. I am very frustrated. please advise. 

Hello, Itrehar!

Thanks for reaching out!

If you're using the most up-to-date software from the Canon USA site (HERE), and you're still having issues, we recommend contacting support. They're available by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

Announcements