cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amongie
Apprentice

I have an Canon Pixma MX490 and when I print to it, the print queue on my computer says the printer is offline. Well, it is not offline. I've tried turning it off and on a couple times. I reconnected the printer to the wifi. I reconnected the computer to the printer. I changed the printer queue settings to print when offline. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try restarting your computer your computer to see if this will help with the offline error. 

If the error persists, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had  the same problem and it ended up being the cord that connects the printer to the computer. My printer plugs into the compurer thru a USB port. I found a spar one laying around and tried it and it worked. It might be the cord. BUT, it didn't work for long, the port on the printer the cord connects into--it became lose. I tried to figure out how to make that port tight but I couldn't figure it out. One time, beofre the port became lose--I went into my comouter printer settings and "forgot" the printer and then added it again and that worked. Simply restarting my oomputer NEVER worked for me.vI think the answer is getting a wireless or bluetooth capable printer. Because my printer was very expensive (inkjet) and I still can't print anything. Good luck...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements