cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX340 printer. How to clear Error 5200?

PaulR
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MX340 multi-function printer. How do I clear Error 5200? The message said to turn the printer off and then on, and if that did not clear the error to consult the user's manual. On/off did not clear the error, and the online user's manual does not have Error 5200.

77 REPLIES 77

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PaulR.

Unfortunately, if the error still remains, we would have to advise that you contact our support group for additional assistance.

Please use the "Contact Us" link below to contact our support group.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

paparilly
Apprentice

did you ever figure out how to fix this error? i have the same problem.

I have the same problem and I don't know what I have to do 😞

To try and resolve the 5200 error, please unplug the power cord from the back of the unit and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error persists, the unit may require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain further assistance and servicing options if needed.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona, worked for me, first try!

I just experienced the 5200 error and I did your "fix" and it solved the problem - Was about to buy a new printer,

now thanks to your post - well enough said.

How, how, how did you figure this out? It worked!!! After using my daughter's printer with a very short cord that we never use for a month, ii finally came across your post. I almost did not do it, but am so tired of moving my computer so close that it reached the printer cord I tried one more thing-yours. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sorry for not acknowledging the poster who solved my problem with my printer. My accolades go to cx2browns who posted on ‎02-19-201309:18 PM.

Because of you, my wireless Canon printer works on all three of our computers…again!!! I would kiss you on the cheek if I could! You will be my go-to poster when I have another issue. 

Help your fellow Canon Forum members find the answers to their questions, too! Click the "Accept as Solution" button if your question was answered to your satisfaction.

Announcements