Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon Pixma MP560 "ink cannot be recognized"?

My printer says, "The following ink tank cannot be recognized." This message has been shown ever since I tried to replace the ink cartridges that turned out not to be the right ones. At the moment, all I'm trying to do is to copy something onto an external drive, so I don't need ink. How do I dismiss the message for now? I tried pressing and holding the STOP button. I also tried it with the OK button, but neither action did anything.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Canon Pixma MP560 "ink cannot be recognized"?

I just spend as much for Canon inks for my MP560 as the machine cost!  I put the new cartridges in and get this message that the cartridges are not recognized.  What's wrong?

New Contributor

Is there no answer for this?
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.