cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG7720 PGBK cartridge not printing

RobTh
Apprentice

The PGBK cartridge on my Canon Mg7720 has stopped working.  I ran all of the cleaning and alignment processes but no joy.  When I print the test page, the PGBK line is blank.  It is a fairly new ink cartridge, and the printer does not indicate that there is a problem with the ink level.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

James_C

Hi RobTh,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-271BK
CLI-271GY
CLI-271Y
PGI-270PGBK
CLI-271C
CLI-271M

Next, a test of your PIXMA MG7720 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG7720 and follow these steps:

1.  Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Cleaning.

4.  Tap Yes to clean the printhead.

5.  Tap Yes to print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did all of that.  Every line is fine except the PGBK line which is blank.  I ran the Cleaning and the Deep Cleaning programs - no change.  I am currently printing on Photo Printing mode, which I assume does not use the PGBK cartridge.  The odd thing is that the **bleep** cover feature on the MG7720 still seems to be working fine, but I don't know if that automatically prints in Photo Printing mode.

Hi RobTh,

If you continue to have difficulties at this point, please contact our support group using the following link:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem with both black and cyan. There was no warning that the tank levels were low and needed changing. I put new ones in and ran a print test and no black or cyan. When I try to do a print head cleaner it says it can't do that. This is only 18 months old. Plus I can't diagnose or control anything from my laptop. I have to go over to the printer and stand there and read the tiny screen. 

So far not impressed. I want my old i850 back. 

Hi mlaiuppa,

Based on the specfic issue described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

Because I'm in Canada, I cannot provide a valid address for the site.

No. Problem PGBK still not printing correctly. All other inks are ok

I wish you ould clean PGBK only insead of wasting vast amount of ink for those that are working normally.

leonking47
Apprentice

Mine wasn't printing black.  Did cleaning two or three times - then deep cleaning twice.  No improvement.  Thought I might need a new driver.  Went to the Canon site and downloaded a driver.  Installed and - viola, printing black.  Good job, Canon!

Announcements