cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG5220 Solid Orange light

Ekim72
Apprentice

Came home from work today, saw my printer was powered down. Unplugged and re-powered the unit up and all that came on was a solid orange light on the front rightof the printer. Cannot get the machine to respond in any way.Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi Ekim72,

If you have the printer plugged into a surge protector, please plug it directly into a wall outlet, then try to power the printer back on.  If that doesn't work, please try another outlet in the room, or in another room if possible, and then try to power the printer on again.  If the printer still does not power on, it will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did that and no dice.  The solid orange light still appears and there is no reponse form the printer.  I cannot find the meaning of this in the user guide.  What does this mean?  Thanks.

I have the same problem. Reading other forums, I can see that this is a common problem that need hardware service. It's too costly so buying a new printer is cheaper.

bestchriss1969
Apprentice

i have this problem with my printer ip7250

Hi bestchriss1969,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Announcements