cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3620: Unable to change cartridges

oconsammy1103
Apprentice

I have a MG3620 which will not allow me to remover the ink cartridge and it will also not move towards the middle.. The cartridge will come out part way but is lodged half way out. I have pull the door down, slid it in a downward way as it comes toward me but it is caught on the top because of a bump on the top of the computer. That is the color cartridge and I can not even get to the Black Cartridge because it will not move. I have disconnected the electric cord and then reinstalled the power but that does nothing. HELP

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Something inside the printer won't move because of a "bump" on top of the computer?  However, I suspect you mean "cartridge".

If this is the problem, it sounds like you don't have the ink cartridge installed correctly as there is adequete clearance for the carrier assemble to move freely back and forth if the cartridge is installed and seated properly.

If you don't have the cartridge properly seated, they will bind or get caught.  Only advice.  If you have a physical obstruction you'll need to resolve that or take the printer to someone who can.  This is not something we can advise you about or fix in a support forum.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements