cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3550 not showing as scanner on macOS Sierra

Snake1980
Apprentice

Hello!

I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and I have last Canon driver installed (CUPS Ver.16.10.0.0 and ICA Ver.4.1.3).

os.png

aaa.png

if I connect my PIXMA MG3550 via Network, it's not showed as a scanner 

2.png

But if I connect the printer via USB it is correctly showed as scanner and printer.

1.png

Any suggestion ? How to solve this issue ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Snake1980
Apprentice

Any suggestion ?

Hi Snake1980!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hello Stephen,

I am experiencing the exact same issue with my Canon MX860 after upgrading my MacBook to MacOS High Sierra 10.13.

Adding the printer via USB provides a print queue with print and scan options. When installing the printer via Canon IJ Network Too setup, there is no scanner function.

Same here and i've tried downloading everything from the official site....Nothing seems to work only printing is enabled...

I've tried everything that the official page says...

Snake1980
Apprentice
A little update...I hope it can help...
If I add the printer using Bonjour protocol (I don’t know if your printer support it), “sometimes” macOS recognize printer and scanner functions.

kostas307
Apprentice
In my case even if I can see that the protocol is Bonzour no wirelessly scanner is found. I think the only way probably to work is only via usb, and it’s the only way I haven’t tried yet.... another thing is that there are no updates from Canon for High Sierra...

Another little update.

It doesn't work...if I add the printer with bonjour or IJ Network protocol macOS doesn't recognize it as a scanner 😞

Announcements