cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3520 printing wavy

BrianVW
Apprentice

My one month old MG3520 decided to pull in about 15+ pages at once.  After removing them, the printer now prints in a wavy fashion.  The lines all wave horizontally in a downward direction.  Is there a fix or did it get damaged with the multiple paper feed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrianVW
Apprentice

Thanks to Canon's customer service, I was able to fix this.  There is a thin strip of clear plastic (about a 1/4" wide and the length of the printer) that is in front of a metal bar (behind where the ink cartridges ride).  If that gets smudged with grease or fingerprints, it causes the wavy printing.

Cleaning the plastic strip with Windex and a Q-tip fixed it and it is now printing like it should.  Thanks Canon!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrianVW
Apprentice

Thanks to Canon's customer service, I was able to fix this.  There is a thin strip of clear plastic (about a 1/4" wide and the length of the printer) that is in front of a metal bar (behind where the ink cartridges ride).  If that gets smudged with grease or fingerprints, it causes the wavy printing.

Cleaning the plastic strip with Windex and a Q-tip fixed it and it is now printing like it should.  Thanks Canon!

Announcements