cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG2100

joelw0318
Apprentice

I work with a company that uses a Canon Pixma MG2100 with a usb cable (not wirelessly) that they share into the citrix environment which is not relevant because the problem they are having happened way before they made the move to citrix. The problem they are having is that every day maybe even twice a day they must unplug and restart the printer because it keeps showing up offline. Now the other day that didn’t work for some reason but moving it over to a different usb worked. Now, the first thing I thought of and I told them this is that it might be the cable. So, they are going to replace that, but they did mention that this started happening when they migrated over to windows 10. Now, a couple of things does anyone know if this printer is supported by windows 10? Number two could be an outdated driver but this printer is like 5 years old so it’s not even on the canon website any longer. I wanted to get a support ticket started with canon to investigate this, but you need to register the machine and it’s not registered. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Citrix offers great support over windows RDP for USB devices....  but thats another topic.

If you migrate from windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, reinstalling your printer using the latest drivers avaialble for your OS would be a good idea.

https://sg.canon/en/support/0100382301

While the drivers listed aboive are 5 yrs old, they might be newer than what you are using now.  Not sure because you didn't provide the currently installed version.  However, from a reliability standpoint, some devices don't continue to function reliably after an upgrade.  When these types of issues are encountered, reinstalling is recommended.  Changing the cable is optional, but certainly something I would do if I continued to experience issues.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements