cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG 7120 will not print anything in black. Not the nozzle test. I have cleaned and re-c

catzyaleman
Apprentice

Canon Pixma MG 7120 will not print anything in black.  Won't print the black lines for nozzle test.  I have made sure all ink cartridges are full, no tape remnants.  I have cleaned and deep-cleaned to no avail.  It was copying fine and then stopped printing in black between pages.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi catzyaleman,

Please try removing and reseating all of the ink tanks and print head in the unit by following the steps shown here to see if this will help.  If the issue continues, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The same happened to me. I was able to fix the problem by cleaning the printhead by:

1. removing all inks
2. removing the printhead (there are several videos on Youtube on how to do it)
3. putting the printhead on a bath of 50/50 water and rubbing alcohol for a few minutes to loosen up any dried paint

4. letting it dry off and reinstalling

Magically, PGBK is now printing again 🙂

Announcements