cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG 6320 prints funny and does not always scan

MelRW1012
Contributor

So my Canon Pixma MG 6320 printer prints words but some of the words printed are in double vision mode, as if you are looking at some words on paper without glasses and the words look blurry and not printed clearly. I do not wear glasses as I do not need to but can definetly notice the blurry double lines printed from my printer. For example, the letter i looks like two of them  ii

or p looks like pp mooshed together closely. etc with the other letters and numbers too.

The other issue I have is that when I place a document on my scanner part, and hit the color or black botton to scan, nothing happens--does not make the noise it should to scan it. I end up shutting off printer and trying again several times, then it finally scans the document.

I probably need to purchase a new USB cable A cord to connect to laptop USB drive, but if that is not the issue, then I don't know how to fix the printing and scanning problems.

Melanie W

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MelRW1012,

In regards to the printing issue, the encoder may be the cause.  Please follow the steps in the following article to clean it:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART140612

About the scanning issue.  What version of Windows is installed on your computer?   If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using Windows 10 on an HP laptop

Will check out the steps on the link you provided and go from there.

I am using Catalina 15.10.6. Just bought 6320 -- sometimes print, sometimes not, showing "Looking for Printer" (on printer queue).  I reinstall through the "Set-up" application more than several times. Right after that, it works. Then somehow "Looking for Printer" happens again, and it doesn't print. I can't figure out what triggers the "Looking for Printer" happening. I can't find a pattern.  It is just so temperamental,   Just FYI: iPhone OS 13.7 always works even after "Looking for Printer" happens for Catalina. It is very frustrating. Please help!!

Announcements